Monday, March 19, 2012

Bubbles

What better to do on a warm spring day than to pull out the bubbles left over from last summer? Even though they didn't last long...two full bottles were gone in about 20 minutes after being sloshed, bumped over, and finally dumped...they provided a good deal of amusement for a short time. Isaac determinedly worked on his technique and finally succeeded in producing a stream of bubbles...
...then had even more fun chasing after them.
The boys played side by side for a while, I think Isaac was getting tips from his brother...
...watching his form...
...and sharing a good laugh. I don't recall if they were laughing because Caedmon was successful at producing bubbles, or if one of them licked the bubble wand instead of blowing. Either was entirely possible!
Or...perhaps they were creating a plan of action. We learned this last weekend what Isaac is capable of scheming all on his own this past weekend during our visit to my parents. One evening we were all sitting at the table eating ice cream; he was across from me in my dad's lap, being spoon-fed a chocolate sundae. It seemed to me like his situation couldn't get much better but he looked up and started calling my name, then scooted down onto the floor and started heading my direction. I got up to see what he needed and he led me back in the direction of my dad, but then kept going and directed me to the next room. He pointed to the middle of the room and said, "Mama, over there," trying to get me to keep going, then he turned around and hurried back to my now-empty chair. We were a little confused about what he was doing until he climbed up into my chair and peeked over the edge of the table...his face absolutely fell when he realized I had not left my ice cream behind, as he'd expected. He looked back across the room and saw that I was still holding it in my hand, and quickly demanded that I put it back where it belonged, which was now in front of him. I was so amused and impressed with his little plan that I did share my treat, which he devoured eagerly.