Friday, March 9, 2012

And I quote...

I have been so amused lately by some of the things these boys, especially Caedmon, have said and know if I don't record them they'll get muddied or misplaced somewhere in the back of my mind, and I don't want to let that happen!

Me: "We're going to eat lunch with Dad today! I'm so excited."
C: "Oh, I am excited too!"
Me: "Your dad is so sweet!"
C: "Yeah, he is sweet. Like a sweet potato!"

(Driving down the highway, we were passed by a Smart car.)
Me: "Look at that little car!"
C: "How did God make a car so little? Why?"

(On a day that Isaac didn't nap and was feeling pretty miserable.)
C: "Isaac was screaming at you. You should just give him a spanking."
Me: "You know, today I think what Isaac needs is a little grace."
C: "What is grace?"
(While I explained, Isaac wandered off to the kitchen, looking all around for...)
Isaac: "Grace? Grace? Grace?"

(After church we were all having lunch together.)
C: (looking at Isaac inquisitively) "Isaac, do you know Jesus?"
Isaac: (nonchalantly) "Yes."

I've mentioned recently the "Watch this" phase that both boys have entered. Isaac will say "Mom, wa' dis!" over and over until I verbally acknowledge that he has my attention, even if I am making direct eye contact with our faces 18 inches apart. Yesterday he said it six times back to back until he was finally convinced that I was watching. These boys want to know that their audience is tuned in!