Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a difference a day makes


After posting last night, I already have some updates and changes. First, our sweet boy Isaac, who was only pulling himself up to standing by using us as his anchor, has successfully pulled up both on Caedmon's bed (a mattress on the floor) and a plastic tub where we store some of Caedmon's blocks. He was so proud of his accomplishment! It is surely only a matter of time before he's pulling up everywhere.


Now that he can get himself upright he's going to have to do a lot of work on balancing and holding on, as shortly after I snapped this photo, Caedmon decided he needed some blocks and flipped the lid of his tub open, sending Isaac toppling onto his back. He wasn't down for long, though, before he was ready to do it again!

And, I need to add a few more names to the "posse" of friends that get to have a slumber party with Caedmon every night. I neglected to mention Koala Bear, Biscuit Dog, and Fuzzy Sheep. I don't keep track of them all as well as he does.

Lately, whenever I've been snapping photos and ask our darling firstborn to smile, he gives me all sorts of other funny expressions instead. This is a series that I took earlier this week, it cracks me up. (He put his cap on by himself.)

I was so proud of him at his 2-year check-up today. He's 36 inches tall and 24.2 lbs which means he's growing just great, but I was disappointed that he chose not to demonstrate his verbal skills, uttering mostly silly babbling sounds during the whole check-up. The nurse asked if his vocabulary is growing - oh my! If she only knew!