Sunday, July 19, 2009

Banana Grabber

It's been a while since I've posted...but not because there hasn't been anything fun going on with Caedmon! He's growing into such a delightful little boy and every day is picking up new little skills and tricks. His vocabulary is growing (I hear "Ma ma ma ba ma ba ma! when he's trying to wind down for a nap, and he makes a squeaky gasping sound, which can either be combined with a laugh or a cry, depending on the situation.)

The last couple of days, I've put Caedmon in a booster seat with a tray while I'm cooking in the kitchen or while Daniel and I eat. He's gotten to be very quick about clearing his tray of toys, so out of curiosity, I put a teeny bit of a banana in front of him. He was fascinated, and became very focused on picking it up. It was really slippery and hard to grab, but he eventually got a grip on it, transferring it from hand to hand in the process, and finally got it up to his mouth. He seemed a little surprised that it tasted so good, but I think was pretty proud of himself, too!




We've also seen a return of the "oooh" face, which is delightful for me. This is an expression that Caedmon has had since he was a newborn, but disappeared for the last couple of months. Ususally we see it when he's really focused on something (here, the British Open) and sometimes, now, he blows in and out, kind of like a silent whistle. I think it's precious!